Wednesday, November 25, 2009

OK, I've Been Gone and Now I'm Going to Brag a Little

So much for blogging two or three times a week. I've been on the road instead. Gone to Oklahoma (wonderful Encyclomedia Conference), Texas twice, and all over the Puget Sound area. Oh, and there was the quick trip to Oregon too. All since the last blog. So, although I could have figured out how to blog on the road, I left that for next time.

Some nice things have happened for Bull Rider since my last blog. It was selected for the 2010 Texas Lone Star and Tayshas reading lists. Yep, they picked it for both the middle school and high school reading lists. It's nominated for the ALA's Best Books for Young Adults, 2010 and also for a Cybil Award (see their cool widget on this page) in the Middle Grade Category - thanks to Greg Leitich Smith. The book's been getting some buzz from the rodeo community too. Cross your fingers for my next project . . .

3 comments:

Susan M. Botich said...

Congrats, again, Suzy, on the Texas Lone Star award! Bull Rider deserves to be acknowledged, that's for sure! Such a wonderful story. :-)

Kjersten said...

Yay Suzy!

Vaquerogirl said...

SO you return! I'm glad that you have! I didn't remove you from my list cuz I just BELIEVED you'd come back to us! Yeh!
Good news for Bullrider! You deserve all the recognition you receive!