Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ode to Backyard Bunny

This comes under the random thoughts heading. Nothing to learn or ponder here. I wanted to get a picture of my summer friend. Here it is. Notice, he is nibbling weeds. Good bunny.



Backyard Bunny
You're too cute for your fur.
Thanks for eating grass and weeds - no flowers.
If you show up on the patio at dawn,
I'll keep the dog from chasing you.

I love your skinny legs
soft little paws and your perky bunny ears.
But mostly I love your cottontail
and that you visit every day.

2 comments:

Suzanne Morgan Williams said...

OK, those aren't weeds that you see - it's my yarrow and pin cushion plants. But if you could see his mouth. . .

Vaquerogirl said...

Cute! How are the goats? I'm trying to take a field trip to Reno in Sept. If I do, I'll come and trim some feet!