Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Skeleton Horses and Rushmore Kid

Oh, don't you love titles that don't make any sense? It's been a cool week - but HOT. I have some random things to share. First, I went to the Battle of the Barns in Martinez, CA to meet the riders and sell copies of Bull Rider. I expected a horse show and got more of a performance.


The riders were divided into teams by their riding clubs or barns. They all dressed up - pirates, midieval peasants, Indians. They decorated the horses too and then, let the games begin. It's been so hot here, Terri Farley (my partner in signing) and I prepared with umbrellas and sunscreen. Turns out the Bay breeze was going and we longed for sweatshirts. I'm posting my favorite picture - Skeleton Horse. Thanks, Barb, for the invite.

OK, and here are a couple of links for you - Tina Nichols Coury posted an interview with me today on her blog, Tales from the Rushmore Kid www.tinanicholscoureyblog.com and the Sacramento Book Review also posted a review and podcast (30 minutes but come on, I'm kind of entertaining...) at http://www.sacramentobookreview.com/suzanne_morgan_williams.php. This one is also linked on my webiste.

On the home front, my husband and I had contacted a well service to check out our well pump that was cycling on for no apparent reason. We had a series of tests to perform to isolate the leak and decide - plumber, irrigation guy, well eeeek. Then yesterday I went to the goat pen and the darn goats had turned the spigot on. I turned if off. That ten seconds was worth at least two hundred dollars. Moral of the story - always suspect the goats.

2 comments:

Vaquerogirl said...

I'm so glad that you and Terry came to the Battle of the Barns! It was wonderful having you there, and many people came up to me after asking how I had managed it! You both added a touch of real class to our event! The books you gave to the Raffle were a big hit!!
BTW- I always suspect the goats. Or the French.

buzzingstreet said...

We will be discussing the various benefits of speed trading and its various coefficients using which one can make the most out of their investments in the Indian stock market including both Nifty and Sensex (NSE and BSE)


Dear Visitor,
Thanks for visiting this nice and useful blog. As many events are about to happen soon. So we just want to share few things with all visitors as it might be helpful for everyone.

NSE and BSE are trading in range and we are expecting breakout in the market after budget. One should buy quality stocks at every decline and should exit long positions at every rise.

Regards
BUZZINGSTREET